Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Outta the Park!

I have never met anyone who actually enjoys going to the doctor. In fact, it is the exact opposite - we do everything we can to stay away. At least that's what I do. Despite this, I went to a Chiropractor today because I was experiencing severe neck/back pain. I found out that I have a pinched nerve and will not be able to compete in Sunday's triathlon, of which I have been training 3 months for. Though this is rather depressing, it is not the reason for this post.

I wanted to share my experience at the Chiropractor's office. Hands down it was the very best experience I have ever had at a doctor's office. A friend referred me to it and built it up quite a bit. Not that I was skeptical, but I didn't go into it thinking I was going to have such a positive experience.

So why was it so amazing? Here are a few reasons:

- When I walked in, the receptionist enthusiastically said "Hi, are you Jared?" (it was a nice personal touch and made a great first impression)
- After filling out my paper work, the receptionist then took me on a quick tour and introduced me to everyone who worked there - all were extremely friendly
- When it was time to meet with the doctor, he was interested in my back problem and was very thorough, inquisitive, and personable (I really got the sense that he actually cared about me and wanted me to get better ASAP)
- The doctor spent a lot of time with me taking x-rays, other tests, answering my questions, and giving me a plan to get me healthy (He left me feeling confident in that)

But that's not all. Just a little while ago the doctor left me a personal voicemail saying, "Hey Jared, this is Dr. Boch. I just wanted to make sure that you had a good experience with our facility today and that you felt cared for. I want to make sure that you are able to resolve your condition...We expect good things from you and hope nothing but the best. If you have any concerns please give us a call." I have NEVER received this from a doctor before. As far as I'm concerned, this doctor office is knocking it out of the park! It is so refreshing to know that there is incredible customer service and care out there. I actually can't wait for Friday - my next appointment :-)

If you need a Chiropractor you live in Mesa/Gilbert area, then I highly recommend you go here!

American Family Chiropractic and Rehab
Dr. Boch
3011 S Lindsay Rd, Suite 101
Gilbert, AZ 85295
(480) 726-2131
www.amfamchiro.com

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Romi said...

WOW!!! Now that IS an amazing experience you had, Jared!!! It truly sounds like they were incredibly genuine. Some doctor's offices attempt to do this, but it's not really genuine and comes across as bogus and cheesy instead. Glad you had such a positive experience and hope Dr. Boch is able to resolve your pinched nerve. And I'm so sorry you're not able compete in the tri (big bummer), but it's wiser to do that rather than risk more injury (something I'm too thick-headed to do at times and my injuries take longer to heal! Doh!) Hope you get your pinched nerve remedied asap!!

September 24, 2009 at 10:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home