Friday, June 26, 2009

On the Road Again

In preparation for my next triathlon (Sprint in Tempe on Sept. 27th) I've been trying to get a nice decent road ride in every Friday morning. I've done this now for 3 weeks and had a great ride today. At first I found road biking to be rather boring and tedious, but I have really grown to enjoy it more and more. It provides me some good quality time to think and clear my head of all the clutter from the week. I rode today from my house over to the hills of Las Sendas. I did a few loops over the hills and returned home. Here is my route and elevation from mapmyride.com. Thank you iPhone for tracking it! Gotta love technology these days!

7AM-9AM (1:55:43)
Distance: 30.6 Miles
Avg Speed: 15.7 m/hr (my goal is to get this to 18 m/hr)



Click image to make bigger

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger SaraMarie said...

Wow, that's hard core. It was probably in the mid 90s by that time. I am too much of a wimp...good for you!

June 26, 2009 at 11:33 PM

 
Blogger Jason said...

way to go buddy! I wish so much we could be riding together. That was a really fun time :) keep up the good work.

June 27, 2009 at 10:05 PM

 
Blogger Jared Ulrich said...

Sara, haha, yes it is pretty hot outside but at 7 it's not so bad. I'm trying to discipline myself to get up at 5:30 but haven't quite made it yet. One of these days....

Jas, I miss hanging and working out with you too bro. I have no one to push me now that you and Ryan are gone. We need to meet up and do a Tri sometime. Maybe the Havasu one.

June 28, 2009 at 12:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home