Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Welcoming "The Grey Lady"


Today I will arrive in Boston where I will be taking a bus to the coast and then boarding a ferry to Nantucket Island. I will be there visiting some friends and am extremely excited to have some R & R (rest and relaxation). Nantucket is nicknamed "The Grey Lady" because of occasional intense fog. It is also made famous by the TV show, Wings, which I thoroughly enjoyed in my junior high years. For more info on Nantucket Island click here.

I am looking forward to eating loads of lobster, New England clam chowder, and just hanging out on the beach. The weather is in the 80's so I will be living it up :-) I have never set foot in the Atlantic Ocean so I am looking forward to that as well!

I will try to keep you updated on all my travels and adventures.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Romi said...

Just rub it in, Jared to those of us back here in the desert! ; ) Oh my gosh, I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Nantucket!! I use to go sailing there every summer with friends. It was the uber best times!!! Sigh...well at least eat lots of lobster, sea scallops, and baked clams for me!! Glad you're having some good R n R!! Couldn't think of a better place for it!!

July 23, 2008 at 4:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home