Saturday, December 6, 2008

Aaaaa....What's up Doc?

My favorite Looney Tune has always been Bugs Bunny. He always found a clever way to humiliate Elmer Fudd, Marvin the Martian, and Yosemite Sam. And he was always nibbling on a carrot. Before, I only liked them if they were accompanied with loads of Ranch dressing, but now I've learned that I actually like them without it.

I have been trying to eat healthier so I've ditched the potato chips, hostess cupcakes, etc, and instead I've been buying grapes, apples, bananas, and carrots. And now I love them! What is even better is that I found out some great nutritional facts about eating carrots:

- they help your immune system
- they help maintain healthy skin
- they help regulate metabolism
- they help maintain optimum health
- they have a high Vitamin A content
- they are loaded with fiber

No wonder why Bugs liked them so much. If you are looking for healthy alternatives to junk food, then I highly recommend carrots. They're great! And if you're a Bugs Bunny fan then enjoy the video below.

PS. Road Runner is also favorite, because he is so fast! :-)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Landon said...

Ever notice that Bugs Bunny wears gloves? Not really sure why a rabbit needs to have gloves, but it has always bothered me. Great cartoon though. Stupid Elmber Fudd.

December 6, 2008 at 9:18 PM

 
Blogger Richard said...

Ya know... I've always been confused by Bugs and his penchant for kissing male cast characters. And the carrot changes sizes every time it comes back in the frame. Gotta love old animation :).

December 7, 2008 at 12:41 AM

 
Blogger Brandy said...

Oh, I love me some Looney Tunes. That and old school Tom & Jerry. Which, I still watch by the way.
Have a great day, Jared!

December 7, 2008 at 10:06 AM

 
Blogger Romi said...

I've always wondered why Bugs wore gloves too and why he was always naked except when he wore his swim trunks. Doesn't that strike anyone as a li'l peculair?

December 8, 2008 at 12:13 AM

 
Blogger Sheri said...

You silly wabbits! The extremely healthy benefits of carrots are tempered by the fact that its beta-carotene can turn the skin (or fur, if the case may be) orange. The astute Bugs was aware of this risk, thus he wore gloves to protect his wittle fingers from turning orange due to the massive amounts (and variety of sizes) of carrot munchies.

The trousers during swimming? Fur shrinkage. It is a well-known fact that fur shrinks when it's wet. Thus, Bugs, being a modest boy, was simply protecting his viewers (and the network's G-rating :)

December 9, 2008 at 12:42 PM

 
Blogger Romi said...

Wow, Sheri you wabbit expert you! : ) Elmer, Daffy Duck, and Wylie Coyote sure could have used your help into the wabbit psyche! Now this finally explains a lot!! Thanks!! ; )

December 9, 2008 at 10:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home