Sunday, November 16, 2008

Run For Your Life

A friend sent me a link to an article about how running (and just exercise in general) will help improve your life. There are many benefits to exercise and I have felt convicted lately about the last 4 years of my life as I have done pretty much nothing, but been lazy. In the last few months I have taken up running and I already feel better.

If you are interested, read this article, Run For Your Life.

In the article there is a link to a website called livingto100.com. It will give you an estimate of how long you will live according to your current habits. It projected me to live to 89. Haha, actually I don't know if I really want to live to be that old.

So if you feel lazy like I was then do something about it. 30 minutes of exercise a day can really do wonders for you. Plus, you don't have to run. Even walking is a great way to exercise.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Tara K said...

Thanks for the encouragement.....it's so easy to become lazy. I saw the age calculator on the Russell's blog and I did it... apparently I'm suppose to live until I'm 91.. crazy! haha

November 16, 2008 at 10:42 PM

 
Blogger Mitch Eiler said...

Thanks man I just learned something for today. I was unaware that stretching after a run is more effective than before. Makes sense though, cause I have always noticed that I'm more limber and have a greater reach after I'm done then before I start.

November 17, 2008 at 12:45 PM

 
Blogger Romi said...

Great article and happy to hear you're running! Exercise is Amazing and really makes you feel good!

According to the age calculator it says I'll live to 100 and if I can get more sleep, pop some aspirin, floss more, and wear sunscreen (I always forget to put it on!) I could live to 104!! Wow...now that's wild!lol

November 17, 2008 at 1:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home