Monday, December 1, 2008

Discipline Continued

I have recently made a huge life goal that has already tested my discipline in extreme ways. What is it, you say? I have decided to do a triathlon. Call me crazy, but as I have tried to be more physically active and stay in shape, I've found that it is difficult if there is not "something" to work towards. So that "something" will be an Olympic Triathlon at Lake Havasu on March 24th. With less than four months to train, I have already been swimming and running 3-5 times a week. Man, swimming is tough! I'm getting a bike for my birthday and will be putting that into the rotation this week.

The Olympic Triathlon consists of:

- a 1500 meter swim
- a 24.9 mile bike ride
- a 6.2 mile run

It takes anywhere from 2 to 4 hours to complete. Sometimes I think I am crazy for even thinking about doing this, but I believe it is the perfect thing to help me work on my physical discipline. I miss being athletic and competing in stuff. I have a lot of work to do!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Tamale Trio said...

What!?! This is so cool! I am way jealous :) My dream is to run a triathalon...I'm not there yet though...I'm going to try for a marathon next year though. Anyways, just wanted to let you know that's super cool and keep going! Can't wait to hear updates

P.S. This is Halley

December 1, 2008 at 9:19 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

That’s awesome Jared! That definitely does take a lot of self discipline. What a great goal to have!! It’s always been a life goal of mine to do (at least finish) the Ironman. Since I recently have put running in the backseat I have to start small so I plan on running the PF Changs half marathon in January (I know it’s not even comparable but I have to start somewhere :) ) Good luck with this and can't wait to hear updates too! Also, let me know if you have any advice for distance running.

December 2, 2008 at 8:44 AM

 
Blogger Romi said...

That's awesome, Jared and it's not crazy in the least!!! I'm excited for you! Where do you swim and what kind of bike are you getting?

Keep it going!! : )

December 2, 2008 at 4:03 PM

 
Blogger Andrea Sipe said...

London 2012?? Go for it!! :)

December 3, 2008 at 2:00 PM

 
Blogger Romi said...

Hey...I still think you should get a conehead helmet for biking! WOOO...now how professional looking would that be?! ; ) lol

Happy B-day and njoy that new bike!

December 3, 2008 at 8:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home