Thursday, July 24, 2008

Nantucket Adventures

Well, so far it has been a blast on Nantucket Island! I'm here with Ryan and Jen Russell and we are here visiting our friends, Dan and Shellie Dunlap. On the first day we went fishing with some extraordinary people. No one caught anything but seaweed. Nevertheless, it was a good time and I finally got to step foot into the warm Atlantic. The beach was beautiful and the weather has been absolutely gorgeous. Everyone complains about the humidity here, but I definitely prefer it to the 110 degree dry heat :-)

Yesterday we boarded Dan's boat "Journie" and headed out to sea for a little cruise. We went to the Northeastern tip where there is a lighthouse, but it was so foggy we could barely see it. Here is a picture:







Last night we had one of my favorite meals of all time! LOBSTER! And this wasn't something you get a Red Lobster either. This was the real deal and it was the best seafood I have ever had. Words cannot describe how good it was. For lunch I had the best New England clam chowder I have ever had too!





Tomorrow I am heading into Boston for 3 more days before I come home. Can't wait!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Romi said...

Holy Smoley, those are some honkin' HUGE lobsters!! And look at you with your lobster bib n all(haha)! I have no doubt you devoured yours completely! Well...looks like I'll have to settle for some rubber Red Lobster to appease my seafood craving.

And have fun in Boston! : )

July 25, 2008 at 5:23 PM

 
Blogger Jeremy said...

I'm so jealous of you eating that lobster...

July 27, 2008 at 12:50 AM

 
Blogger Cassie said...

haha. I love the bib and that giant lobster. Seriously awesome.

July 27, 2008 at 3:04 PM

 
Blogger Andrea Sipe said...

I must concur . . . the bib is really what makes the whole thing AWESOME!! :) LOL. . . though I'm sure the Lobster was amazing . . . just trying not to think about it.

July 30, 2008 at 2:32 PM

 
Blogger Tara K said...

Looked fun Jared! Although, I don't agree with the fact that you prefer humid heat rather than dry heat..... no good.

July 31, 2008 at 2:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home