Saturday, December 13, 2008

Putting Right, What Once Went Wrong


For my birthday, I received the first season of Quantum Leap from a friend. As a kid I always loved watching Quantum Leap because you would never know whose body Sam Beckett would leap into next. Sam is a scientist who, through a botched experiment, leaps into the the bodies of different people all throughout history. His purpose in every leap is to find out what has gone wrong and set it right. He believes that God is in control of his leaps, sending him to different times and places to fix bad situations. Each shows starts off with Sam explaining how it all began:

"It all started when a time travel experiment I was conducting went... "a little caca". In the blink of a cosmic clock, I went from quantum physicist to Air force test-pilot. Which could have been fun... if I knew how to fly. Fortunately, I had help - an observer from the project named Al. Unfortunately Al's a hologram, so all he can lend is moral support. Anyway, here I am, bouncing around in time, putting things right that once went wrong, a sort of time traveling Lone Ranger, with Al as my Tonto. And I don't even need a mask..."

I like the show because Sam travels in throughout history, having to creatively solve problems so he can leap. Sam is not alone though. He does have a little help from Al, his holographic friend.

Sam leaps as a pilot, a college professor, a doctor, a hitman, a 15 year old high schooler, and even a woman :-). But Sam's real hope is that his next leap will be the leap back home.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Romi said...

QL was such a good show!! And how many ways can you say "Oh Boy!"? ; ) lol

The thing I liked so much about this show was that it wasn't your standard, typical Sci-fi series. It was funny and quirky with plenty of excitement and heart-tugging moments too! Scott Bacula (Sam) and Dean Stockwell (Al) really made the show what it was! They were so great in their roles!! My only regret is that we never got to see Sam leap back home. : (

December 14, 2008 at 7:37 AM

 
Blogger Andrea Sipe said...

Have to say this brings back some pretty fond memories . . . watching it every week with my parents . . . I don't think we ever missed one!! :) I was always SO EXCITED to see who Sam would become each week! :)

December 18, 2008 at 3:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home