Friday, January 30, 2009

Totally Impressed

Recently I had two pieces of electronics go bad on me - my macbook laptop screen and my Xbox 360. On my 360 I received the infamous "red ring of death." After making Apple and Xbox (division of Microsoft) aware of my problem they immediately starting the process of helping me with a solution.

For my mac, there was some sort of crack on the inside of my screen. I called Apple and made an appointment with the Genius bar at the nearest Apple store. When I arrived to my appointment I was pleased to see 60" screens on the back wall letting everyone know that "Jared U." was the next customer to be helped. Someone got right to me and took a look at my laptop. After the technician inspected it, he determined that the crack was not covered under the warranty. This was seemingly bad news since I paid for a three year warranty. However, after a manager was told about it, he intervened and assured me that it was indeed covered. In the whole process I was treated very well. Apple made it easy and when I received my laptop back in a short four days, they completely replaced the whole interior of the laptop. A new keyboard, all new plastic parts, and a brand new shiny screen. Way to go Apple!

For my Xbox, I searched online to find a number to call and inquire about the "red ring." Turns out that they have an online service request form that is quick and easy. After determining that I would have to send my Xbox out to get fixed, they gave me three options: 1) print out a shipping label, 2) have them send me a shipping label, or 3) have them ship me a box that has a shipping label with it. This blew me away. I opted for option 3 and four days later I received a box with a plastic bag for the Xbox, foam to keep it safe, a shipping label, and even a strip of packing tape! It doesn't get easier than that. All I had to do is drop it off to a UPS store and wait about two weeks. I dropped it off two days ago, so I'll see if it continues to be a great experience. So far I am completely impressed. Way to go Xbox!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea Sipe said...

WOW!! That's awesome! Now, let's just hope that UPS handles the X-box properly! Believe me, after working there I am convinced that anything that gets to your house without damage is a MIRACLE!!! :) And why people would ship flowers is BEYOND me . . .

Anyway, I'll keep my eyes open, for ya, and if I see it, I'll treat it like a baby!

February 2, 2009 at 10:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home