Thursday, January 22, 2009

32


Is the number of laps I swam the other night for my triathlon training. I got to tell you that it felt really good! 32 laps equals 1600 meters (1 mile). The actual distance of the swim portion of the triathlon is 1500 meters, so I would say that I am right on target.

So far, swimming has surprisingly been my favorite thing to do. It is so peaceful and refreshing being in the water. Right now it takes me about 50 seconds to swim a lap so I get a lot of time to think during my workouts (so far the ipod is not water friendly so no music yet). Although sometimes it gets boring, I feel like I am able to slow down and think about life. And as I said before, there is something so quiet and peaceful about being under water.

Well, I'm off to the gym now for some more swimming.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tara K said...

Amazing! Seriously, it's awesome that you've stuck with this and haven't given up getting to your goal..keep it up Jerry! :)

January 22, 2009 at 7:14 PM

 
Blogger Mitch Eiler said...

in case your interested, there are waterproof sportsbands for the iPod now. You still have to assume the risk of taking it in the water though and hoping you put it in right.

January 22, 2009 at 9:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home