Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A New Day and a New Month

It's almost been a month since I posted. I know, I've been a slacker. The month of April was definitely a hectic one. Nevertheless, I am glad it is May. As I reflect back over the last few months I have realized just how fast time flies. It seems like just yesterday that it was January and it was a new year. Now 2009 is almost half over. Is it just me or is that crazy!?! It's awesome to think about the future, but it is also scary to think that the days we live will never be lived again. It will never ever be May 5, 2009 ever again, except for today. Time is definitely a precious thing.

The reality of time has been fresh in my mind lately, mainly because one of my friends past away last week. It was a rough week and hard to deal with. It reminded me just how precious life is and why it's so important to live life to the full. Lately I feel like I've just been going through the motions and approaching each day as a task to accomplish. Yet each day is a gift from God that we must choose to cherish. I feel that too often I miss out on this gift, and instead focus on things that are not important. Oh that we would live life to the full!

At the first of the year I posted some of my goals and have personally themed this year EXCEL. So far, there are areas where I've done well in, while others not so much. I have a tendency to beat myself up at times if I don't feel like I'm meeting expectations, but with these goals I have been way more optimistic than I usually am. But my desire is not to accomplish a lot and be successful. My ultimate desire is to live life to the full and seek to excel in everything that I do. When I say excel, I simply mean to give everything I got in everything that I do. I want to look back on the day and say that I gave it 100%, from the smallest of things to the biggest. I fail at this and make mistakes constantly, but there is comfort in knowing that, on this journey called life, I am trying my hardest to be the person God has created me to be.

So tomorrow is a new day and honestly I am excited about the month of May. On Thursday I get to join with others to celebrate the life an incredible guy who experience the amazing redemption of Jesus Christ. Though there will be some painful moments, I know that it will be a time of joy [he is in a better place!]. Also, later this month on the 17th I will compete in my very first triathlon...FINALLY! I'm registering tomorrow and I'm so excited! A week after that I will be heading to Indianapolis to experience the Indy 500 for the first time. I can't even tell you how thrilled I am about that! On top of that, I get to live and work and spend time with incredible people everyday. I am so thankful for the family and friends that God has blessed me with. I definitely have nothing to complain about. God is good and he is worthy to be praised in everything. What an awesome gift we've been given - this gift called life. May we live it to the full and spend every single day loving God and loving others.

John 10:9-10
I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Annamari said...

Your post is perfect Jared...that's so where I have been this week. It has been such a difficult time, especially yesterday and today, but it has made me appreciate my family and friends even more than I already did. God has truly blessed me with awesome people to surround myself, and I am determined not to take that for granted.

Thank you for sharing...thank you for the awesome job you did at the services today...and thanks for being such a wonderful leader and person. You are such a blessing to me and to so many of us.

May 7, 2009 at 9:08 PM

 
Blogger Tara K said...

Great post Jared. Thanks for the reminder to live life to the fullest.

May 8, 2009 at 3:18 PM

 
Blogger Romi said...

Nice to see you didn't fall off the blogOsphere! ; ) J/k as I too can relate to time and days zooming by never to be lived again and just living life going through the motions. Thinking of it that way ("never to be lived again")really does put things in perspective doesn't it, especially in light of Jason's passing?! Sometimes I pass up opportunities that would fill my soul and/or fill someone elses because of all the "other" things I've got to get done figuring there'll always be other chances to do that once I'm all caught up with my "other" things. Well the reality is I will never be caught up, but there will always be opportunities to seize to make the most life and to impact others in small and large ways. The key is to always stay open and be aware of those times and never grow complacent or take them for granted!

And I'm super stoked for your first triathlon...and regardless the final outcome, stay encouraged and know that you're running an the most incredible race in this life for God!! : )

May 9, 2009 at 11:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home