Friday, June 5, 2009

The Maker's Diet


A while back someone recommended a health book to me called The Maker's Diet by Jordan Rubin. I'm not really a "health nut" by any stretch of the imagination, but after reading this book I was fascinated by Rubin's claims. It is hard not to consider a healthier diet after some of his statistics and information about what American's eat. The Standard American Diet (SAD) is straight up harmful to your health. Even fruits and vegetables you buy at a local grocery store are filled with chemicals in order to mass-market them. To me this is pretty eye-opening.

Rubin is a naturopathic doctor and nutritionist who in college suffered from a severe case of Crohn's disease. After trying hundreds of medications, supplements, "miracle" drugs, and visiting doctors all over the world, Rubin turned to the Bible for answers. Through the aid of a doctor, Rubin began following the strict dietary laws that God commanded the Israelites to in the Old Testament. Through this and a few other supplements Rubin was completely cured of Crohn's disease. His "miracle" drug was an ancient book written for primitive people living thousands of years ago.

Through this he has created The Maker's Diet along with other supplements to help aid people towards the healthy lifestyle that God designed us to have. There is a 40 day health challenge at the end of the book that is extremely rigorous and I have decided to take that challenge. I'm not going to follow it to a "T" but I will be within 90% of it. I just can't afford doing it 100% - organic food is expensive! On top of that, there are 5-6 supplements that are required for it. Nevertheless, I am excited to see how good I feel after doing this and not having fast food for 40 days! So don't ask me to go to lunch at In and Out, ok!

If anyone is interested in health and wants an education about just how bad our diet is in America, then I highly recommend reading this book whether you do the 40 day challenge or not.

Here are some of the supplements that I am taking for the next 40 days:
- Perfect Food: A green food supplement. This is nice b/c I don't like many green vegetables
- Super Seed: A whole food blend of seeds, sprouted grains, and an excellent source of dietary fiber
- Vitamin Code (Men's Formula): a RAW multivitamin
- Oceans 3 Beyond Omega-3: This is more than just Omega-3. It also has OmegaXanthin from the ocean

OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES
www.makersdiet.com
www.gardenoflife.com
www.oceans3.com/
www.beyondprobiotics.net

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Romi said...

This is awesome, Jared!! Good for you doing the 40 day challenge. Based on several peeps recommendations, I just ordered "The Maker's Diet" and I plan I doing a variation of the challenge. You're right, organic food is NOT cheap!!
Cheers to good health!! : )

June 9, 2009 at 1:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home