Thursday, December 25, 2008

Medieval Christmas


First off, Merry Christmas! Hope everyone had a great day celebrating our Lord's birth.
I found this Medieval Christmas quiz and it was a fun little history lesson. I didn't do that well on it, but it was interesting. Check it out if you have some time.




Medieval Christmas Quiz




Also, Tim Hughes wrote a fantastic blog about adoration. He uses Gentile Da Fabriano's "Adoration of the Magi" painting (the picture above) to illustrate the great point that we need to love and serve Christ out of adoration, not duty. Check it out here

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Romi said...

Hope you had an amazing Christmas too! Ours was nice n kick-back relaxed compared to the previous days at Disneyland! It was great to be home!

And I don't know how, but I jammed on that Medieval quiz (thank goodness for multiple guess!) Woo, Woo!!
"You answered 9 items out of 10 correctly. Your score is 90%. Wow! You really know your medieval Christmas trivia!" Oddly enough the one question that tripped me up was what "yule" with German origin of iul meant? I can't believe I missed that one!

And Wow! I totally appreciated Tim's blog post (glad to know he has a blog! : ) And "Adoration of the Magi" happens to be one of my all time fav paintings!! Tim speaks so much truth into how we often get so wrapped up in the doing and lose the intimacy with Jesus. I want to be more like that Magi - "lost in wonder before Jesus." And I agree with Tim, "Let's make 2009 a year of simple adoration." AMEN!!

December 27, 2008 at 11:12 PM

 
Blogger Mitch Eiler said...

I did bad too Jared, 4-10 Scores like that take me back to my junior high days!

December 29, 2008 at 11:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home