Sunday, July 27, 2008

And I Think I'll Go to Boston...


Yesterday I spent the whole day in the heart of Boston and I must say it is a fine city indeed! I started the day out by walking the famous historical Freedom Trail. This trail is a 2.5 mile path marked by red brick and paint. It takes you around to 17 different historical sites throughout the city. For more info about the different sites click here.

Here are some pictures from my walk:

Park Street Church, where William Lloyd Garrison gave his first antislavery address on the Fourth of July 1829.



The Old Granary, right next to Park Street Church where Paul Revere, Samuel Adams and John Hancock are buried. This isn't the only Sam Adams I saw this day :-)




Paul Revere's House



Bunker Hill, where the first battle took place between the Patriots and the Red Coats.



Some other interesting sites I saw include The Old South Meeting House, where on December 16, 1773 Samuel Adams gave his famous nonimportation speech that started the Boston Tea Party. Also, The Old State House, where just outside the Boston Massacre took place.

And to top off this eventful day I retired to a place "where everyone knows your name" - Cheers! Although I am pretty sure no one had a clue who I was :-)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Romi said...

That's so fun!! I'm a huge history buff and always wonder what it would be like if landmarks could talk! Yes, I'm a geek when it comes to things like that!

But hopefully after you left "Cheers" everyone knew your name! ; ) lol

July 28, 2008 at 2:53 PM

 
Blogger Landon said...

Oh Jarry! I absolute love Boston as well. I can honestly say that I visited Mr. Adams @ Cheers myself. The freedom trail is so cool. You'll have to show me all your pictures when you get back. You really should have seen a game at fenway to complete your experience, though. :)

July 28, 2008 at 4:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home